Four infants injured in Bikaner hospital fire
Bikaner: Four babies were injured after a short circuit triggered a fire at the Prince Bijoy Memorial Hospital here on Sunday morning.
The untoward incident, which took place in the early hours of the day, threw the hospital staff and the guardians of newborn children into a panic.
"At 3:20 am, there was a short circuit in a heater, which triggered a short-circuit in an AC, after which fire and smoke spread rapidly through the hospital. The children and their guardians were taken out of the hospital nursery. The nursing staff evacuated three unknown children. All the children are safe now," said Rajesh, an eyewitness.
District Collector Arti Dogra, who rushed to the hospital, said that there would be a probe into fire safety provisions at the hospital.
"Our first priority was to examine and attend to the children who were evacuated. As far as issues of lapses and lack of safety provisions are concerned, we will examine them in detail," Dogra said.
The injured children were shifted into the intensive care, while doctors continued to examine the other babies at the hospital for any injuries or ailments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state