Four infants injured in Bikaner hospital fire
Bikaner: Four babies were injured after a short circuit triggered a fire at the Prince Bijoy Memorial Hospital here on Sunday morning.
The untoward incident, which took place in the early hours of the day, threw the hospital staff and the guardians of newborn children into a panic.
"At 3:20 am, there was a short circuit in a heater, which triggered a short-circuit in an AC, after which fire and smoke spread rapidly through the hospital. The children and their guardians were taken out of the hospital nursery. The nursing staff evacuated three unknown children. All the children are safe now," said Rajesh, an eyewitness.
District Collector Arti Dogra, who rushed to the hospital, said that there would be a probe into fire safety provisions at the hospital.
"Our first priority was to examine and attend to the children who were evacuated. As far as issues of lapses and lack of safety provisions are concerned, we will examine them in detail," Dogra said.
The injured children were shifted into the intensive care, while doctors continued to examine the other babies at the hospital for any injuries or ailments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?