Four killed as explosive meant for stone mine goes off in Bundi
Jaipur: At least four persons were killed and three others injured when a tractor-trolley loaded with explosive meant to be used for mining purpose exploded in Bundi district on Monday, police said.
The blast took place at a stone mine in Jhakhmund village in Talera police station area of the district.
According to Talera police station SHO Sanjay Royal, two children were among those killed. The deceased were identified as Surajmal, Nanuram, Sangeeta and Rajesh. The injured had been rushed to a government hospital in Kota.
Police said several mining labourers, along with their family members, were sitting near the tractor when the explosion took place around 5 PM.
The explosive was brought for mining purpose. A rescue team has been sent to the spot, a district official said.
District Collector Anandi and Superintendent of Police Pankaj Choudhary visited the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption