Four killed, one injured in explosion
Kota: Four persons, including three children were killed and an elderly woman sustained serious injuries in an explosion in Nayapura area of the city, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last evening when an explosive device went off at the residence of Harji Valmeki (38), killing him, his daughter Godawari (15) and two children from their neighbourhood - Ronak (3) and Nandani (8), SP (City) Prafful Kumar said.
Another of their neighbour Santrabai (55) was severely injured in the blast and undergoing treatment at MBS hospital, Kumar said.
According to eyewitness, Harji was beating the device with a hammer outside his residence when it blasted, killing four on the spot, the SP said.
Further probes into the case are on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum