Four MLAs, MP, 100 sarpanchs arrested
Jaipur: Four MLAs, an MP and over 100
village heads were on Friday detained ahead of their march to
Rajasthan Assembly demanding abolition of contractual system
and social auditing in MNREGA, police said.
As soon as the Legislative Assembly began at 1100 hours
after a day`s break, the Speaker Dipender Singh Shekhawat
informed the House that four MLAs R S Rathore, Om Birla,
Amraram and Pawan Duggar were detained for allegedly provoking
thousands of uncontrolled protestors last night.
Immediately after the news of the arrest spread, the
Opposition led by the Deputy Leader G S Tiwari started raising
The Question Hour which began amid acrimony was adjourned
after 13 minutes.
The IG-Jaipur Range B L Soni said that Lok Sabha MP
Kirorilal Meena and two hundred protestors, including 100
elected sarpanchs (village heads) were also detained.
The Assembly and Secretariat were barricaded and entry
was restricted at all points, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!