Four of a family end life after panchayat slaps fine
Jaipur: A man and his paramour allegedly
commited suicide along with three members of his family by
jumping before a train after he was asked to pay a fine of Rs
50,000 or leave the village by a panchayat over his
Police have registered a case against seven persons
including five Panchayat members for forcing them to take the
extreme step in Kaurali district, 175 km from here.
The five identified as Gajendra (40) his wife Hero
(35), Gajendra`s lover Kunwar Devi(40) and his two children
allegedly jumped before Dehradun Express at village
Bajna-Khurd late last night, police said.
The bodies were handed over to the family members
after postmortem for last rites, SHO Sadar Police
station Sudhir Kumar Sharma said over phone.
According to the FIR filed by Ganjendra`s brother,
Kunwar, a mother of two was living with him despite opposition
Kunwar`s mother and her son called a meeting of
the panchayat in the village on April 18 last to settle the
issue. The members of panchayat directed Gajendra and Kunwar
to pay Rs 50,000 or leave the village.
Gajendra took the extreme step as he failed to pay the
fine, the FIR said.
The seven persons have been booked for abetment of
suicide (under Section 306) and putting person in fear of
injury in order to commit extortion (Section 385) of IPC.
No arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now