Four of a family end life after panchayat slaps fine
Jaipur: A man and his paramour allegedly
commited suicide along with three members of his family by
jumping before a train after he was asked to pay a fine of Rs
50,000 or leave the village by a panchayat over his
Police have registered a case against seven persons
including five Panchayat members for forcing them to take the
extreme step in Kaurali district, 175 km from here.
The five identified as Gajendra (40) his wife Hero
(35), Gajendra`s lover Kunwar Devi(40) and his two children
allegedly jumped before Dehradun Express at village
Bajna-Khurd late last night, police said.
The bodies were handed over to the family members
after postmortem for last rites, SHO Sadar Police
station Sudhir Kumar Sharma said over phone.
According to the FIR filed by Ganjendra`s brother,
Kunwar, a mother of two was living with him despite opposition
Kunwar`s mother and her son called a meeting of
the panchayat in the village on April 18 last to settle the
issue. The members of panchayat directed Gajendra and Kunwar
to pay Rs 50,000 or leave the village.
Gajendra took the extreme step as he failed to pay the
fine, the FIR said.
The seven persons have been booked for abetment of
suicide (under Section 306) and putting person in fear of
injury in order to commit extortion (Section 385) of IPC.
No arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason