Fourteen killed in mishap in Rajasthan
Jodhpur: Fourteen people were killed and four others injured when two SUVs collided head-on in Khariberi village near Jodhpur, police said on Saturday.
The mishap took place last night when 17 members of a family were returning to Jodhpur from Kalau village on the Jodhpur-Jaisalmer Highway.
While four of them died on the spot, 10 others succumbed on way to hospital.
Hearing the sound of the collision, the villagers from nearby areas rushed to the spot and informed the police.
"Four of them had died at the spot including the drivers of both the vehicles and 10 others succumbed before they reached hospital.Four others are undergoing treatment, of which one has been put on ventilator", a police official said.
"All of them except the driver of the other vehicle, belonged to one family", the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi