Fourteen killed in mishap in Rajasthan
Jodhpur: Fourteen people were killed and four others injured when two SUVs collided head-on in Khariberi village near Jodhpur, police said on Saturday.
The mishap took place last night when 17 members of a family were returning to Jodhpur from Kalau village on the Jodhpur-Jaisalmer Highway.
While four of them died on the spot, 10 others succumbed on way to hospital.
Hearing the sound of the collision, the villagers from nearby areas rushed to the spot and informed the police.
"Four of them had died at the spot including the drivers of both the vehicles and 10 others succumbed before they reached hospital.Four others are undergoing treatment, of which one has been put on ventilator", a police official said.
"All of them except the driver of the other vehicle, belonged to one family", the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!