Free diagnostic tests scheme in Rajasthan from tomorrow
Jaipur: Patients in Rajasthan will not have to pay for certain essential diagnostic tests in government hospitals with the launch of `free medical tests` scheme from Sunday.
"The scheme is being launched on the occasion of World Health Day tomorrow at all the medical college hospitals and district hospitals across the state," Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said on Saturday.
"We conducted trial for the scheme from April 1 and it was successful. There were difficulties in implementing such programmes but the government is well prepared and lakhs of people will be benefited with the scheme," Gehlot said at a press conference here.
In the first phase of the scheme from tomorrow, the Chief Minister informed, 57 types of common essential tests will be available for free at the medical college hospitals whereas district hospitals, sub divisional hospitals and satellite hospitals will offer 44 types of free testing.
The second phase will begin on July 1, Doctor`s Day, under which 28 types of tests will be free at Community Health Centres (CHC), and under the third phase, from August 15, 15 types of tests will be made free at Primary Health Centres (PHCs) and dispensaries.
Gehlot claimed that free medicines scheme, which was introduced on October 2, 2011, has delivered encouraging result and as many as 8 crore patients have been benefited since its launch.
Under this scheme, 600 types of common essential generic medicines are being distributed free in the government hospitals.
Gehlot said that his government has successfully implemented 65 schemes in the interest of people and has taken several steps in social security.
"Rajasthan is emerging as a pioneer state in the country with so many steps and programmes for social security and other sectors," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon