Free diagnostic tests scheme in Rajasthan from tomorrow
Jaipur: Patients in Rajasthan will not have to pay for certain essential diagnostic tests in government hospitals with the launch of `free medical tests` scheme from Sunday.
"The scheme is being launched on the occasion of World Health Day tomorrow at all the medical college hospitals and district hospitals across the state," Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said on Saturday.
"We conducted trial for the scheme from April 1 and it was successful. There were difficulties in implementing such programmes but the government is well prepared and lakhs of people will be benefited with the scheme," Gehlot said at a press conference here.
In the first phase of the scheme from tomorrow, the Chief Minister informed, 57 types of common essential tests will be available for free at the medical college hospitals whereas district hospitals, sub divisional hospitals and satellite hospitals will offer 44 types of free testing.
The second phase will begin on July 1, Doctor`s Day, under which 28 types of tests will be free at Community Health Centres (CHC), and under the third phase, from August 15, 15 types of tests will be made free at Primary Health Centres (PHCs) and dispensaries.
Gehlot claimed that free medicines scheme, which was introduced on October 2, 2011, has delivered encouraging result and as many as 8 crore patients have been benefited since its launch.
Under this scheme, 600 types of common essential generic medicines are being distributed free in the government hospitals.
Gehlot said that his government has successfully implemented 65 schemes in the interest of people and has taken several steps in social security.
"Rajasthan is emerging as a pioneer state in the country with so many steps and programmes for social security and other sectors," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview