Fresh complaints against Asaram Bapu, cops visit ashram
Ahmedabad/Jodhpur: As fresh complaints came against Asaram Bapu, a team of Jodhpur police on Friday visited his ashram in Ahmedabad where they scanned documents and also questioned officials in connection with the sexual assault case filed against him by a 16-year-old girl.
In Jodhpur, a court directed that a medical board examine Asaram to ascertain if his health condition required that he be given special food from outside jail as claimed by him.
District and Session Court (Rural) passed the order while hearing an application by Asaram seeking facilities like special health food, bed, `Gangajal` and some other articles for carrying out prayers in the jail.
"A two-member team of Jodhpur police visited Asaram Bapu`s ashram in Motera yesterday to collect evidence and check documents of the ashram," a police official said today in Ahmedabad.
"Ashram officials were questioned regarding details like the number of students studying in gurukuls (run by his trust)," police said, adding related documents would be handed over to Jodhpur police via post.
Meanwhile, Jodhpur police has said that it has received fresh complaints against Asaram. Many victims have started coming forward with their complaints against Asaram, police said without disclosing the nature of the complaint or the identity of the alleged victims.
They have also offered to help the police in its investigation. Police, however, denied reports that it is in possession of any CD or video clippings given by Asaram`s aide Shiva.
"We have not received any such CD or video clipping so far showing Asaram or any of his activity. We have obtained some evidence out of interrogation of Shiva and are in the process of its verification," DCP Ajay Pal Lamba said in Jodhpur.
Lamba said that the case is under investigation and they are yet to interrogate Shilpi, the warden at the Chhindwara Gurukul where the girl was a student and an important link in this case, as she allegedly sent the girl to Asaram.
"She is on our radar and we will arrest her at an appropriate time," he said, adding Asaram`s driver and cook will also be interrogated.
The controversial self-styled godman, accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl, was arrested by Jodhpur police after midnight from his ashram in Indore on August 31. He is currently in Jodhpur jail under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what