Fresh violence in Udaipur, SP hurt
Udaipur: A police officer was injured and
several vehicles and shops were damaged as fresh violence
erupted in the city on Tuesday with protesters clashing with police
demanding release of their leader.
Mohammed Farukh, Secretary of the Anjuman, a religious
group, was detained last night following violent protests
over objectionable comments against a religion on Facebook.
The members of a particular community gathered in
Hathipole area this morning opposing the arrest of Farukh.
They also laid siege to the Hathipole police station
following which the police released Farukh.
However, violence erupted when the mob forcibly tried
to shut shops in Hathipole and Chetak Circle areas.
The protesters hurled stones at police injuring
Additional SP Tejraj Singh, police said.
As many as ten vehicles and several shops were damaged
in the clash between the police and the protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!