Fresh violence in Udaipur, SP hurt
Udaipur: A police officer was injured and
several vehicles and shops were damaged as fresh violence
erupted in the city on Tuesday with protesters clashing with police
demanding release of their leader.
Mohammed Farukh, Secretary of the Anjuman, a religious
group, was detained last night following violent protests
over objectionable comments against a religion on Facebook.
The members of a particular community gathered in
Hathipole area this morning opposing the arrest of Farukh.
They also laid siege to the Hathipole police station
following which the police released Farukh.
However, violence erupted when the mob forcibly tried
to shut shops in Hathipole and Chetak Circle areas.
The protesters hurled stones at police injuring
Additional SP Tejraj Singh, police said.
As many as ten vehicles and several shops were damaged
in the clash between the police and the protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state