Fresh violence in Udaipur, SP hurt
Udaipur: A police officer was injured and
several vehicles and shops were damaged as fresh violence
erupted in the city on Tuesday with protesters clashing with police
demanding release of their leader.
Mohammed Farukh, Secretary of the Anjuman, a religious
group, was detained last night following violent protests
over objectionable comments against a religion on Facebook.
The members of a particular community gathered in
Hathipole area this morning opposing the arrest of Farukh.
They also laid siege to the Hathipole police station
following which the police released Farukh.
However, violence erupted when the mob forcibly tried
to shut shops in Hathipole and Chetak Circle areas.
The protesters hurled stones at police injuring
Additional SP Tejraj Singh, police said.
As many as ten vehicles and several shops were damaged
in the clash between the police and the protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry