Gang leaking RPSC exam papers busted; lecturer among 8 held in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted a gang allegedly involved in leaking question papers of competitive exams conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) and arrested its eight members, including the kingpin who is a college lecturer.
On a tip-off, five accused Haridas, Ashok Kumar, Saroj Sewda, Sunil Kumar and Saraswati Devi were arrested by the Special Operation Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police from the house of one Haridas in Malvia Nagar area yesterday, ADG (SOG) Alok Tripathi said today.
Rs nine lakh in cash, one pistol and 15 live cartridges were recovered from their possession, he said.
Some of them had come from Sikar with the cash for getting a few candidates passed in an exam for school lecturer on July 12, he said.
During interrogation, they revealed the names of the gang leader Amrit Lal Meena, a college lecturer in Karauli, and other members-- Sanjiv Meena, a bank PO in Churu, and Hansraj Meena. They were arrested today, he said.
"Amrit Meena and his accomplices had also leaked question paper of RAS preliminary exam last year and helped some candidates," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack