Gang leaking RPSC exam papers busted; lecturer among 8 held in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted a gang allegedly involved in leaking question papers of competitive exams conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) and arrested its eight members, including the kingpin who is a college lecturer.
On a tip-off, five accused Haridas, Ashok Kumar, Saroj Sewda, Sunil Kumar and Saraswati Devi were arrested by the Special Operation Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police from the house of one Haridas in Malvia Nagar area yesterday, ADG (SOG) Alok Tripathi said today.
Rs nine lakh in cash, one pistol and 15 live cartridges were recovered from their possession, he said.
Some of them had come from Sikar with the cash for getting a few candidates passed in an exam for school lecturer on July 12, he said.
During interrogation, they revealed the names of the gang leader Amrit Lal Meena, a college lecturer in Karauli, and other members-- Sanjiv Meena, a bank PO in Churu, and Hansraj Meena. They were arrested today, he said.
"Amrit Meena and his accomplices had also leaked question paper of RAS preliminary exam last year and helped some candidates," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player