Gang leaking RPSC exam papers busted; lecturer among 8 held in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted a gang allegedly involved in leaking question papers of competitive exams conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) and arrested its eight members, including the kingpin who is a college lecturer.
On a tip-off, five accused Haridas, Ashok Kumar, Saroj Sewda, Sunil Kumar and Saraswati Devi were arrested by the Special Operation Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police from the house of one Haridas in Malvia Nagar area yesterday, ADG (SOG) Alok Tripathi said today.
Rs nine lakh in cash, one pistol and 15 live cartridges were recovered from their possession, he said.
Some of them had come from Sikar with the cash for getting a few candidates passed in an exam for school lecturer on July 12, he said.
During interrogation, they revealed the names of the gang leader Amrit Lal Meena, a college lecturer in Karauli, and other members-- Sanjiv Meena, a bank PO in Churu, and Hansraj Meena. They were arrested today, he said.
"Amrit Meena and his accomplices had also leaked question paper of RAS preliminary exam last year and helped some candidates," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing