Gang leaking RPSC exam papers busted; lecturer among 8 held in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted a gang allegedly involved in leaking question papers of competitive exams conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) and arrested its eight members, including the kingpin who is a college lecturer.
On a tip-off, five accused Haridas, Ashok Kumar, Saroj Sewda, Sunil Kumar and Saraswati Devi were arrested by the Special Operation Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police from the house of one Haridas in Malvia Nagar area yesterday, ADG (SOG) Alok Tripathi said today.
Rs nine lakh in cash, one pistol and 15 live cartridges were recovered from their possession, he said.
Some of them had come from Sikar with the cash for getting a few candidates passed in an exam for school lecturer on July 12, he said.
During interrogation, they revealed the names of the gang leader Amrit Lal Meena, a college lecturer in Karauli, and other members-- Sanjiv Meena, a bank PO in Churu, and Hansraj Meena. They were arrested today, he said.
"Amrit Meena and his accomplices had also leaked question paper of RAS preliminary exam last year and helped some candidates," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor