Gang leaking RPSC exam papers busted; lecturer among 8 held in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted a gang allegedly involved in leaking question papers of competitive exams conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) and arrested its eight members, including the kingpin who is a college lecturer.
On a tip-off, five accused Haridas, Ashok Kumar, Saroj Sewda, Sunil Kumar and Saraswati Devi were arrested by the Special Operation Group (SOG) of Rajasthan Police from the house of one Haridas in Malvia Nagar area yesterday, ADG (SOG) Alok Tripathi said today.
Rs nine lakh in cash, one pistol and 15 live cartridges were recovered from their possession, he said.
Some of them had come from Sikar with the cash for getting a few candidates passed in an exam for school lecturer on July 12, he said.
During interrogation, they revealed the names of the gang leader Amrit Lal Meena, a college lecturer in Karauli, and other members-- Sanjiv Meena, a bank PO in Churu, and Hansraj Meena. They were arrested today, he said.
"Amrit Meena and his accomplices had also leaked question paper of RAS preliminary exam last year and helped some candidates," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back