Gehlot accepts Nagar`s resignation, forwards it to Governor
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday day accepted the resignation of Minister of state for Khadi and Dairy Babulal Nagar, who is accused of raping a 35-year-old woman at his residence.
"Chief Minister Gehlot has accepted the resignation of Nagar who quit his post yesterday, and has forwarded it to Governor Margret Alva", Press Advisor in CMO Mohd Yasin told.
The 53-year-old Minister of State for Dairy and Khadi had yesterday tendered his resignation.
"I have resigned on moral grounds so that an impartial probe can be carried out as I am not guilty in the alleged case. The charge against me is totally unfounded. It is the handiwork of my political rivals," Nagar had said.
The woman had alleged that the minister, who had helped her in the past, called her to his house on September 11, promising to get her a job. On some pretext, the minister took her into a bedroom and raped her, she said.
"When I protested, he clamped his hand down on my mouth, hit me and assaulted me," she had said, claiming that the politician then threatened her of dire consequences if she disclosed anything.
The Sodala Police station had booked Nagar for allegedly raping, threatening and beating up the woman.
After registering the case under various sections of the IPC, police referred the case to the CID crime branch since it involved a sitting MLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured