Gehlot announces fund of Rs 1 cr for felicitating authors
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday announced to set up a revolving fund worth Rs one crore to felicitate authors of the state to publish their books.
Addressing a gathering at a book fair at Hindi Grantha Academy here, Gehlot said that the fund would help and promote authors of the state and also suggested publishers to keep the prices of their books affordable.
"The revolving fund will help authors. Prices of the books should be affordable so that people can get to read literature on affordable prices," Gehlot said while citing the example of Navjeevan trust of Ahmedabad.
He said that the government would extend its help to set up a book market in the city.
"Jaipur is becoming a hub for literary activities and the state government has doubled the budget of all its academies to enable them to run their activities properly," Gehlot said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH