Gehlot announces fund of Rs 1 cr for felicitating authors
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday announced to set up a revolving fund worth Rs one crore to felicitate authors of the state to publish their books.
Addressing a gathering at a book fair at Hindi Grantha Academy here, Gehlot said that the fund would help and promote authors of the state and also suggested publishers to keep the prices of their books affordable.
"The revolving fund will help authors. Prices of the books should be affordable so that people can get to read literature on affordable prices," Gehlot said while citing the example of Navjeevan trust of Ahmedabad.
He said that the government would extend its help to set up a book market in the city.
"Jaipur is becoming a hub for literary activities and the state government has doubled the budget of all its academies to enable them to run their activities properly," Gehlot said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources