Gehlot announces fund of Rs 1 cr for felicitating authors
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday announced to set up a revolving fund worth Rs one crore to felicitate authors of the state to publish their books.
Addressing a gathering at a book fair at Hindi Grantha Academy here, Gehlot said that the fund would help and promote authors of the state and also suggested publishers to keep the prices of their books affordable.
"The revolving fund will help authors. Prices of the books should be affordable so that people can get to read literature on affordable prices," Gehlot said while citing the example of Navjeevan trust of Ahmedabad.
He said that the government would extend its help to set up a book market in the city.
"Jaipur is becoming a hub for literary activities and the state government has doubled the budget of all its academies to enable them to run their activities properly," Gehlot said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug