Gehlot announces Rs 5 lakh reward for Raj police commandos
Jodhpur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Monday announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh for the commandos of Rajasthan police who secured the first position in the All India Police Commando Competition.
Commandos of Rajasthan police bagged the top position in the third All India Police Commando Competition.
Gehlot, who was the chief guest of the concluding ceremony of the six-day competition at Rajasthan Police Training Centre here, also announced a new police building in Jaipur at the proposed cost of Rs 84 crore.
Appreciating the ability and skills of the commandos, Gehlot said that dealing with terrorism and Naxalism is a challenge for them and they have risen up to every occasion.
Such competitions provide an opportunity to the commandos of different states to learn from each other, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet