Gehlot announces Rs 5 lakh reward for Raj police commandos
Jodhpur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Monday announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh for the commandos of Rajasthan police who secured the first position in the All India Police Commando Competition.
Commandos of Rajasthan police bagged the top position in the third All India Police Commando Competition.
Gehlot, who was the chief guest of the concluding ceremony of the six-day competition at Rajasthan Police Training Centre here, also announced a new police building in Jaipur at the proposed cost of Rs 84 crore.
Appreciating the ability and skills of the commandos, Gehlot said that dealing with terrorism and Naxalism is a challenge for them and they have risen up to every occasion.
Such competitions provide an opportunity to the commandos of different states to learn from each other, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy