Gehlot announces Rs 5 lakh reward for Raj police commandos
Jodhpur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Monday announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh for the commandos of Rajasthan police who secured the first position in the All India Police Commando Competition.
Commandos of Rajasthan police bagged the top position in the third All India Police Commando Competition.
Gehlot, who was the chief guest of the concluding ceremony of the six-day competition at Rajasthan Police Training Centre here, also announced a new police building in Jaipur at the proposed cost of Rs 84 crore.
Appreciating the ability and skills of the commandos, Gehlot said that dealing with terrorism and Naxalism is a challenge for them and they have risen up to every occasion.
Such competitions provide an opportunity to the commandos of different states to learn from each other, he said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha