Gehlot asks IFC for steps to check decrease of water in dams
Jaipur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday asked the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to introduce such technique in Rajasthan so that decrease of water in dams could be controlled.
Using its expertise in water management and conservation, the IFC should bring a technique in the state to check the decrease of water in dams, Gehlot said in a meeting here with delegates of World Bank and IFC.
Issues of water management, qualitative water conservation and better utilisation of water in agri and non-agriculture sectors were discussed in the meeting.
Gehlot suggested that industrial organisations should give priority to the activities related to water conservation under corporate-social responsibility.
Gehlot said out of 20 clusters being made under Rajasthan Agriculture Competitive Project, some clusters should be based on watershed works to help farmers use techniques to grow more produce using less water.
He also asked the World Bank to help the state government in this direction.
The IFC delegates informed about its working for best utilisation of water in the compound of industrial enterprises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand