Gehlot asks IFC for steps to check decrease of water in dams
Jaipur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday asked the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to introduce such technique in Rajasthan so that decrease of water in dams could be controlled.
Using its expertise in water management and conservation, the IFC should bring a technique in the state to check the decrease of water in dams, Gehlot said in a meeting here with delegates of World Bank and IFC.
Issues of water management, qualitative water conservation and better utilisation of water in agri and non-agriculture sectors were discussed in the meeting.
Gehlot suggested that industrial organisations should give priority to the activities related to water conservation under corporate-social responsibility.
Gehlot said out of 20 clusters being made under Rajasthan Agriculture Competitive Project, some clusters should be based on watershed works to help farmers use techniques to grow more produce using less water.
He also asked the World Bank to help the state government in this direction.
The IFC delegates informed about its working for best utilisation of water in the compound of industrial enterprises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?