Gehlot asks IFC for steps to check decrease of water in dams
Jaipur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday asked the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to introduce such technique in Rajasthan so that decrease of water in dams could be controlled.
Using its expertise in water management and conservation, the IFC should bring a technique in the state to check the decrease of water in dams, Gehlot said in a meeting here with delegates of World Bank and IFC.
Issues of water management, qualitative water conservation and better utilisation of water in agri and non-agriculture sectors were discussed in the meeting.
Gehlot suggested that industrial organisations should give priority to the activities related to water conservation under corporate-social responsibility.
Gehlot said out of 20 clusters being made under Rajasthan Agriculture Competitive Project, some clusters should be based on watershed works to help farmers use techniques to grow more produce using less water.
He also asked the World Bank to help the state government in this direction.
The IFC delegates informed about its working for best utilisation of water in the compound of industrial enterprises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city