Gehlot asks SOG to investigate hooch tragedy
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday night directed the Special Operation Group of the state police to investigate the hooch tragedy which claimed several lives in Jodhpur and Pali districts.
During a high-level review meeting at his official residence here, Gehlot also decided to hold district excise officer responsible if any such incident occurs in the future, official sources said.
The sources said Gehlot asked the SOG to investigate the tragedy.
Excise Minister Rajendra Pareek also submitted a report on the hooch tragedy in the two districts to Gehlot during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next