Gehlot asks SOG to investigate hooch tragedy
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday night directed the Special Operation Group of the state police to investigate the hooch tragedy which claimed several lives in Jodhpur and Pali districts.
During a high-level review meeting at his official residence here, Gehlot also decided to hold district excise officer responsible if any such incident occurs in the future, official sources said.
The sources said Gehlot asked the SOG to investigate the tragedy.
Excise Minister Rajendra Pareek also submitted a report on the hooch tragedy in the two districts to Gehlot during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists
- Earth's temperature dropped during solar eclipse