Gehlot attacks BJP, Raje terms Congress govt in Rajasthan as `most corrupt`
Jaipur: With the political mercury rising in poll-bound Rajasthan, where both Congress and BJP have started their public campaigns, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday targeted BJP leader Vasundhara Raje, accusing her of reaching out to the masses only when the polls came closer.
Raje, on the other hand, also continued with her attack on Congress, accusing the "present government and chief minister" of being "most corrupt" till date.
Hitting out at Raje`s `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`, Gehlot claimed that after remaining insulated for over four years, the former chief minister started establishing a connect with the people, only when the elections came closer.
"She appeared after four-and-a-half years in public, hence she has no moral right to talk like this (for getting support). People did not know her when she took out a Yatra before coming to power a decade ago," Gehlot said.
He said he leaves it on people to judge whether it was his or the previous BJP government which fulfilled their expectations.
While Congress can count on number of achievements during its tenure, the BJP has nothing to show before the masses, Gehlot claimed, terming the saffron party as "communal".
Meanwhile Raje, addressing a gathering in Udaipur, alleged that the "present government and chief minister" are the "most corrupt" the state has seen so far.
She accused the Congress of misusing CBI for political gains.
The BJP leader raised issues of 2011 Gopalgarh firing, death of women due to contaminated fluid in Jodhpur hospitals and various other issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars