Gehlot attacks BJP, Raje terms Congress govt in Rajasthan as `most corrupt`
Jaipur: With the political mercury rising in poll-bound Rajasthan, where both Congress and BJP have started their public campaigns, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday targeted BJP leader Vasundhara Raje, accusing her of reaching out to the masses only when the polls came closer.
Raje, on the other hand, also continued with her attack on Congress, accusing the "present government and chief minister" of being "most corrupt" till date.
Hitting out at Raje`s `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`, Gehlot claimed that after remaining insulated for over four years, the former chief minister started establishing a connect with the people, only when the elections came closer.
"She appeared after four-and-a-half years in public, hence she has no moral right to talk like this (for getting support). People did not know her when she took out a Yatra before coming to power a decade ago," Gehlot said.
He said he leaves it on people to judge whether it was his or the previous BJP government which fulfilled their expectations.
While Congress can count on number of achievements during its tenure, the BJP has nothing to show before the masses, Gehlot claimed, terming the saffron party as "communal".
Meanwhile Raje, addressing a gathering in Udaipur, alleged that the "present government and chief minister" are the "most corrupt" the state has seen so far.
She accused the Congress of misusing CBI for political gains.
The BJP leader raised issues of 2011 Gopalgarh firing, death of women due to contaminated fluid in Jodhpur hospitals and various other issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi