Gehlot backs FDI decision, terms Parl chaos sad
Jaipur: With the impasse in Parliament over
the decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail continued for
the sixth day on Tuesday, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
termed the protest as "unfortunate" and said every sector will
be "benefited" by the decision.
Gehlot said the state government is examining the
decision so that it is implemented in such a way that no
sector remains in loss.
"I had already made it clear that the government is
examining about how the FDI in retail can benefit the farmers,
consumers and retailers of the state," he said in a statement
He said, however, the decision regarding implementation
of FDI in multi-brand retail sector has been left on the
prerogative of the states by the Centre.
The CM said in the current distribution
system, farmers do not get beneficiary price of their product
while consumers have to pay more than five times of the price
the farmers get for their product.
"It is an important decision for the farmer community and
they will be benefited from this decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?