Gehlot backs FDI decision, terms Parl chaos sad
Jaipur: With the impasse in Parliament over
the decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail continued for
the sixth day on Tuesday, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
termed the protest as "unfortunate" and said every sector will
be "benefited" by the decision.
Gehlot said the state government is examining the
decision so that it is implemented in such a way that no
sector remains in loss.
"I had already made it clear that the government is
examining about how the FDI in retail can benefit the farmers,
consumers and retailers of the state," he said in a statement
He said, however, the decision regarding implementation
of FDI in multi-brand retail sector has been left on the
prerogative of the states by the Centre.
The CM said in the current distribution
system, farmers do not get beneficiary price of their product
while consumers have to pay more than five times of the price
the farmers get for their product.
"It is an important decision for the farmer community and
they will be benefited from this decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader