Gehlot backs FDI decision, terms Parl chaos sad
Jaipur: With the impasse in Parliament over
the decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail continued for
the sixth day on Tuesday, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
termed the protest as "unfortunate" and said every sector will
be "benefited" by the decision.
Gehlot said the state government is examining the
decision so that it is implemented in such a way that no
sector remains in loss.
"I had already made it clear that the government is
examining about how the FDI in retail can benefit the farmers,
consumers and retailers of the state," he said in a statement
He said, however, the decision regarding implementation
of FDI in multi-brand retail sector has been left on the
prerogative of the states by the Centre.
The CM said in the current distribution
system, farmers do not get beneficiary price of their product
while consumers have to pay more than five times of the price
the farmers get for their product.
"It is an important decision for the farmer community and
they will be benefited from this decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti