Gehlot backs FDI decision, terms Parl chaos sad
Jaipur: With the impasse in Parliament over
the decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail continued for
the sixth day on Tuesday, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
termed the protest as "unfortunate" and said every sector will
be "benefited" by the decision.
Gehlot said the state government is examining the
decision so that it is implemented in such a way that no
sector remains in loss.
"I had already made it clear that the government is
examining about how the FDI in retail can benefit the farmers,
consumers and retailers of the state," he said in a statement
He said, however, the decision regarding implementation
of FDI in multi-brand retail sector has been left on the
prerogative of the states by the Centre.
The CM said in the current distribution
system, farmers do not get beneficiary price of their product
while consumers have to pay more than five times of the price
the farmers get for their product.
"It is an important decision for the farmer community and
they will be benefited from this decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview