Gehlot backs quota in promotion in Govt jobs
Jaipur: Backing reservation in promotions in government jobs, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday said there was no need to make an "issue" in this regard as it was granted following constitutional amendment.
"A country runs by Constitution and law and if a chief minister makes such statement, it is not good," Gehlot told reporter here in response to UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s call to scrap reservation in promotions.
Yadav, in a programme earlier in the day here, said that he took the bold decision to scrap reservation in promotion in his state and Rajasthan chief minister should also do it.
Targeting the Samajwadi Party, Gehlot said that it follows "double standard" when it wants reservation for OBC in promotion but opposes reservation for SC/ST in promotions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray