Gehlot backs quota in promotion in Govt jobs
Jaipur: Backing reservation in promotions in government jobs, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday said there was no need to make an "issue" in this regard as it was granted following constitutional amendment.
"A country runs by Constitution and law and if a chief minister makes such statement, it is not good," Gehlot told reporter here in response to UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s call to scrap reservation in promotions.
Yadav, in a programme earlier in the day here, said that he took the bold decision to scrap reservation in promotion in his state and Rajasthan chief minister should also do it.
Targeting the Samajwadi Party, Gehlot said that it follows "double standard" when it wants reservation for OBC in promotion but opposes reservation for SC/ST in promotions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users