Gehlot backs quota in promotion in Govt jobs
Jaipur: Backing reservation in promotions in government jobs, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday said there was no need to make an "issue" in this regard as it was granted following constitutional amendment.
"A country runs by Constitution and law and if a chief minister makes such statement, it is not good," Gehlot told reporter here in response to UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s call to scrap reservation in promotions.
Yadav, in a programme earlier in the day here, said that he took the bold decision to scrap reservation in promotion in his state and Rajasthan chief minister should also do it.
Targeting the Samajwadi Party, Gehlot said that it follows "double standard" when it wants reservation for OBC in promotion but opposes reservation for SC/ST in promotions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt