Gehlot backs quota in promotion in Govt jobs
Jaipur: Backing reservation in promotions in government jobs, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday said there was no need to make an "issue" in this regard as it was granted following constitutional amendment.
"A country runs by Constitution and law and if a chief minister makes such statement, it is not good," Gehlot told reporter here in response to UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s call to scrap reservation in promotions.
Yadav, in a programme earlier in the day here, said that he took the bold decision to scrap reservation in promotion in his state and Rajasthan chief minister should also do it.
Targeting the Samajwadi Party, Gehlot said that it follows "double standard" when it wants reservation for OBC in promotion but opposes reservation for SC/ST in promotions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!