Gehlot calls for Raj Foundation unit in Nepal
Jaipur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday
urged NRIs from the state living in Nepal to open a chapter of
Rajasthan Foundation in Nepal.
Gehlot met a 9-member delegation of Nepal National
Marwari council at Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas- 2012 and expressed
his wish for having a chapter of Rajasthan Foundation there.
The delegation expressed desire to extend their
support in socio-economic growth in the state and invited the
Chief Minister to Nepal.
Members of the delegation told the CM that around 1.5
lakh people of Rajasthani origin residing in Nepal have played
important role in Nepal`s growth and 13 Members of Nepal
Parliament are of Rajasthani origin and one out of them is a
Rajasthan Foundation, an organisation set up by the
government of Rajasthan work in the direction of strengthening
bonds between Non Resident Rajasthani community and the state
of their origin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie