Gehlot calls for Raj Foundation unit in Nepal
Jaipur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday
urged NRIs from the state living in Nepal to open a chapter of
Rajasthan Foundation in Nepal.
Gehlot met a 9-member delegation of Nepal National
Marwari council at Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas- 2012 and expressed
his wish for having a chapter of Rajasthan Foundation there.
The delegation expressed desire to extend their
support in socio-economic growth in the state and invited the
Chief Minister to Nepal.
Members of the delegation told the CM that around 1.5
lakh people of Rajasthani origin residing in Nepal have played
important role in Nepal`s growth and 13 Members of Nepal
Parliament are of Rajasthani origin and one out of them is a
Rajasthan Foundation, an organisation set up by the
government of Rajasthan work in the direction of strengthening
bonds between Non Resident Rajasthani community and the state
of their origin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy