Gehlot calls for Raj Foundation unit in Nepal
Jaipur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday
urged NRIs from the state living in Nepal to open a chapter of
Rajasthan Foundation in Nepal.
Gehlot met a 9-member delegation of Nepal National
Marwari council at Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas- 2012 and expressed
his wish for having a chapter of Rajasthan Foundation there.
The delegation expressed desire to extend their
support in socio-economic growth in the state and invited the
Chief Minister to Nepal.
Members of the delegation told the CM that around 1.5
lakh people of Rajasthani origin residing in Nepal have played
important role in Nepal`s growth and 13 Members of Nepal
Parliament are of Rajasthani origin and one out of them is a
Rajasthan Foundation, an organisation set up by the
government of Rajasthan work in the direction of strengthening
bonds between Non Resident Rajasthani community and the state
of their origin.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler