Gehlot govt has dried out state exchequer: Raje
Jaipur: Former Rajasthan chief minister
Vasundhara Raje on Monday launched a broadside against incumbent
Ashok Gehlot accusing him of drying out the state exchequer in
last one year.
The Congress government has failed to set up a milestone
in any sector, she alleged.
The Gehlot government indulged in "diversion tactics" on
important issues of development and growth of the state and
put back Rajasthan in the category of "bimuru-rajya" (sick
state", Raje told reporters here on the eve of Panchayati raj
"It was my BJP government that elevated Rajasthan from
`Bimaru rajya` to a surplus state of annual budgets, now in
December after 13 months of the rule, Gehlot and his finance
secretary disclosed openly that funds and exchequer have dried
out," Raje said.
During its tenure, the Congress dropped 13 ambitious
plans of her BJP government, she claimed.
"Bhamashah Yojna to benefit 50 lakh families and women,
Akshat yojna to provide unemployment wages and financial
support, clothes to women working under NREGA, pension to MISA
prisoners, and many other schemes were deliberately shelved
because it belonged to our tenure," Raje said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...