Gehlot highlights welfare schemes on I-Day
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Independence Day Wednesday said his government is committed to the welfare of people in every section of the society.
"My government`s efforts are to provide a transparent and responsive government," said Gehlot while unfurling the national flag at the state-level ceremony in Jaipur`s Sawai Man Singh Stadium here on the occasion of the 66th Independence Day.
"We have, from today, launched a free veterinary medicine scheme in the state," Gehlot said while highlighting various government schemes.
Addressing a large gathering, Gehlot said the government would take appropriate steps in the districts passing through a drought-like situation.
"We are working towards the development of the state," he said.
"We have provided jobs to over 70,000 youths in three years. We plan to give over 1.4 lakh jobs to educated youths this year. Besides, we have launched an unemployed allowance scheme," Gehlot said.
The chief minister said his government had also launched the Chief Minister BPL Awas Yojana under which every year, 100,00 houses would be provided to the below-poverty line (BPL) families living in urban areas.
"Work on the Metro rail project in Jaipur is going at full speed and the first phase is likely to be completed by June 2013," he said.
"Construction of the 3,300-km road network to connect villages will start soon," he said.
The chief minister also honoured 38 police and government officers on the Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!