Gehlot highlights welfare schemes on I-Day
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Independence Day Wednesday said his government is committed to the welfare of people in every section of the society.
"My government`s efforts are to provide a transparent and responsive government," said Gehlot while unfurling the national flag at the state-level ceremony in Jaipur`s Sawai Man Singh Stadium here on the occasion of the 66th Independence Day.
"We have, from today, launched a free veterinary medicine scheme in the state," Gehlot said while highlighting various government schemes.
Addressing a large gathering, Gehlot said the government would take appropriate steps in the districts passing through a drought-like situation.
"We are working towards the development of the state," he said.
"We have provided jobs to over 70,000 youths in three years. We plan to give over 1.4 lakh jobs to educated youths this year. Besides, we have launched an unemployed allowance scheme," Gehlot said.
The chief minister said his government had also launched the Chief Minister BPL Awas Yojana under which every year, 100,00 houses would be provided to the below-poverty line (BPL) families living in urban areas.
"Work on the Metro rail project in Jaipur is going at full speed and the first phase is likely to be completed by June 2013," he said.
"Construction of the 3,300-km road network to connect villages will start soon," he said.
The chief minister also honoured 38 police and government officers on the Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you