Gehlot lashes out at Raje over Rathore arrest
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday lashed out at leader of opposition Vasundhara Raje over the arrest of BJP MLA Rajendra Rathore saying it was she who had tried to create a caste-divide in the state during her tenure.
"I condemn leader of opposition (Raje) for her allegations and also the language in which she was talking yesterday. Her allegation that the government misused the CBI and has any role in the arrest of Rathore is baseless," Gehlot told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"She worked to create caste-divide and provoked people in the name of caste during her tenure," he said.
"This is in her nature and she thinks that others also do the same but we are quite against this," he said.
He said that it was the first of its kind example that a jail-going criminal was glorified and a procession accompanied him to court and to Jail.
Gehlot said that there should no interference in the investigation in any case.
"We all should have faith in constitution and judiciary. They people are fascist and do not have faith in law and order," he said.
Rathore was arrested yesterday for his alleged involvement in the encounter of a liquor smuggler Dara Singh in October 2006 which was challenged by his widow as a fake encounter carried out by the Special Operation Group of Rajasthan police on the outskirts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'