Gehlot lashes out at Raje over Rathore arrest
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday lashed out at leader of opposition Vasundhara Raje over the arrest of BJP MLA Rajendra Rathore saying it was she who had tried to create a caste-divide in the state during her tenure.
"I condemn leader of opposition (Raje) for her allegations and also the language in which she was talking yesterday. Her allegation that the government misused the CBI and has any role in the arrest of Rathore is baseless," Gehlot told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"She worked to create caste-divide and provoked people in the name of caste during her tenure," he said.
"This is in her nature and she thinks that others also do the same but we are quite against this," he said.
He said that it was the first of its kind example that a jail-going criminal was glorified and a procession accompanied him to court and to Jail.
Gehlot said that there should no interference in the investigation in any case.
"We all should have faith in constitution and judiciary. They people are fascist and do not have faith in law and order," he said.
Rathore was arrested yesterday for his alleged involvement in the encounter of a liquor smuggler Dara Singh in October 2006 which was challenged by his widow as a fake encounter carried out by the Special Operation Group of Rajasthan police on the outskirts of the city.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India