Gehlot lashes out at Raje over Rathore arrest
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday lashed out at leader of opposition Vasundhara Raje over the arrest of BJP MLA Rajendra Rathore saying it was she who had tried to create a caste-divide in the state during her tenure.
"I condemn leader of opposition (Raje) for her allegations and also the language in which she was talking yesterday. Her allegation that the government misused the CBI and has any role in the arrest of Rathore is baseless," Gehlot told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"She worked to create caste-divide and provoked people in the name of caste during her tenure," he said.
"This is in her nature and she thinks that others also do the same but we are quite against this," he said.
He said that it was the first of its kind example that a jail-going criminal was glorified and a procession accompanied him to court and to Jail.
Gehlot said that there should no interference in the investigation in any case.
"We all should have faith in constitution and judiciary. They people are fascist and do not have faith in law and order," he said.
Rathore was arrested yesterday for his alleged involvement in the encounter of a liquor smuggler Dara Singh in October 2006 which was challenged by his widow as a fake encounter carried out by the Special Operation Group of Rajasthan police on the outskirts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot