Gehlot lashes out at Raje over Rathore arrest
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday lashed out at leader of opposition Vasundhara Raje over the arrest of BJP MLA Rajendra Rathore saying it was she who had tried to create a caste-divide in the state during her tenure.
"I condemn leader of opposition (Raje) for her allegations and also the language in which she was talking yesterday. Her allegation that the government misused the CBI and has any role in the arrest of Rathore is baseless," Gehlot told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"She worked to create caste-divide and provoked people in the name of caste during her tenure," he said.
"This is in her nature and she thinks that others also do the same but we are quite against this," he said.
He said that it was the first of its kind example that a jail-going criminal was glorified and a procession accompanied him to court and to Jail.
Gehlot said that there should no interference in the investigation in any case.
"We all should have faith in constitution and judiciary. They people are fascist and do not have faith in law and order," he said.
Rathore was arrested yesterday for his alleged involvement in the encounter of a liquor smuggler Dara Singh in October 2006 which was challenged by his widow as a fake encounter carried out by the Special Operation Group of Rajasthan police on the outskirts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday