Gehlot misleads Sonia on rain affected areas: Raj
Jaipur: Rajasthan BJP on Thursday accused state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot of "misleading" UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi about the loss caused by the heavy rainfall in the state.
The party`s state president Arun Chaturvedi said that Gehlot presented wrong facts before Gandhi during her visit to the state.
"Earlier, Gehlot was blaming the media for creating hype about the heavy rains. If this was true, then why visit of Sonia Gandhi was conducted to rain-hit area?" Chaturvedi asked.
"Gehlot mislead Sonia by presenting wrong facts about the rain hit areas to Sonia Gandhi. He arranged a meeting of Sonia with a group of selected sponsored victims here," he claimed.
The rains hit lakhs of people in Jaipur, Sikar, Jhunjhunu but Gehlot did not bother to take a visit to the affected areas, the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam