Gehlot misleads Sonia on rain affected areas: Raj
Jaipur: Rajasthan BJP on Thursday accused state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot of "misleading" UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi about the loss caused by the heavy rainfall in the state.
The party`s state president Arun Chaturvedi said that Gehlot presented wrong facts before Gandhi during her visit to the state.
"Earlier, Gehlot was blaming the media for creating hype about the heavy rains. If this was true, then why visit of Sonia Gandhi was conducted to rain-hit area?" Chaturvedi asked.
"Gehlot mislead Sonia by presenting wrong facts about the rain hit areas to Sonia Gandhi. He arranged a meeting of Sonia with a group of selected sponsored victims here," he claimed.
The rains hit lakhs of people in Jaipur, Sikar, Jhunjhunu but Gehlot did not bother to take a visit to the affected areas, the BJP leader said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement