Gehlot, Raje not to celebrate Holi
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot and the Leader of the Opposition Vasundhara Raje have
decided not to celebrate the Holi this year.
Gehlot decided not to celebrate the festival following
the incidents of maternal deaths in Jodhpur, murder of an
MLA`s son in Ajmer and yesterday`s incident in Sawaimadhopur
where a youth died after jumping from a water tank following
which a police inspector was burnt alive.
"All these incidents are unfortunate. So, the CM has
decided to not to celebrate the festival of Holi," an official
On the other hand, Raje said she will not celebrate the
Holi protesting allegedly worsening law and order situation in
the state and maternal deaths in a hospital due to the state
"A youth Rajesh Meena jumped to death against police
inaction, police inspector Phool Mohammad was burnt alive in
Sawaimadhopur while several women have died in Jodhpur...these
all are shocking incidents which have hurt people of the
state. So, I have decided to not to celebrate the Holi this
year," Raje said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!