Gehlot, Raje not to celebrate Holi
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot and the Leader of the Opposition Vasundhara Raje have
decided not to celebrate the Holi this year.
Gehlot decided not to celebrate the festival following
the incidents of maternal deaths in Jodhpur, murder of an
MLA`s son in Ajmer and yesterday`s incident in Sawaimadhopur
where a youth died after jumping from a water tank following
which a police inspector was burnt alive.
"All these incidents are unfortunate. So, the CM has
decided to not to celebrate the festival of Holi," an official
On the other hand, Raje said she will not celebrate the
Holi protesting allegedly worsening law and order situation in
the state and maternal deaths in a hospital due to the state
"A youth Rajesh Meena jumped to death against police
inaction, police inspector Phool Mohammad was burnt alive in
Sawaimadhopur while several women have died in Jodhpur...these
all are shocking incidents which have hurt people of the
state. So, I have decided to not to celebrate the Holi this
year," Raje said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch
- Amazing! Ahmedabad hotel made out of discarded containers set to woo customers