Gehlot, Raje not to celebrate Holi
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot and the Leader of the Opposition Vasundhara Raje have
decided not to celebrate the Holi this year.
Gehlot decided not to celebrate the festival following
the incidents of maternal deaths in Jodhpur, murder of an
MLA`s son in Ajmer and yesterday`s incident in Sawaimadhopur
where a youth died after jumping from a water tank following
which a police inspector was burnt alive.
"All these incidents are unfortunate. So, the CM has
decided to not to celebrate the festival of Holi," an official
On the other hand, Raje said she will not celebrate the
Holi protesting allegedly worsening law and order situation in
the state and maternal deaths in a hospital due to the state
"A youth Rajesh Meena jumped to death against police
inaction, police inspector Phool Mohammad was burnt alive in
Sawaimadhopur while several women have died in Jodhpur...these
all are shocking incidents which have hurt people of the
state. So, I have decided to not to celebrate the Holi this
year," Raje said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead