Gehlot reviews flood preparedness
Jaipur: To deal with a possible flood-like situation during monsoon, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday directed the state officials to make the required preparations in this regard.
Rehabilitation, food, medicines, temporary shelters, divers must be kept ready to meet any challenge in case of any natural calamity after rains, Gehlot told a review meeting of state calamity management authority.
Collectors should coordinate with departments in view of ongoing monsoon season and a grant of Rs 3 lakh was already given to them to meet any emergency, a senior official said.
The CM also expressed concern over the high tension wire passing over head in villages, schools and college, and asked officials that there should be not slackness in maintenance of power supply, he said.
Chief Secretary C K Mathew will hold a meeting with the district collectors here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?