Gehlot reviews flood preparedness
Jaipur: To deal with a possible flood-like situation during monsoon, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday directed the state officials to make the required preparations in this regard.
Rehabilitation, food, medicines, temporary shelters, divers must be kept ready to meet any challenge in case of any natural calamity after rains, Gehlot told a review meeting of state calamity management authority.
Collectors should coordinate with departments in view of ongoing monsoon season and a grant of Rs 3 lakh was already given to them to meet any emergency, a senior official said.
The CM also expressed concern over the high tension wire passing over head in villages, schools and college, and asked officials that there should be not slackness in maintenance of power supply, he said.
Chief Secretary C K Mathew will hold a meeting with the district collectors here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state