Gehlot reviews flood preparedness
Jaipur: To deal with a possible flood-like situation during monsoon, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday directed the state officials to make the required preparations in this regard.
Rehabilitation, food, medicines, temporary shelters, divers must be kept ready to meet any challenge in case of any natural calamity after rains, Gehlot told a review meeting of state calamity management authority.
Collectors should coordinate with departments in view of ongoing monsoon season and a grant of Rs 3 lakh was already given to them to meet any emergency, a senior official said.
The CM also expressed concern over the high tension wire passing over head in villages, schools and college, and asked officials that there should be not slackness in maintenance of power supply, he said.
Chief Secretary C K Mathew will hold a meeting with the district collectors here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!