Gehlot takes jibe at Raje
Bikaner: Taking a dig at Rajasthan BJP chief Vasundhara Raje, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said when his government was providing all help to victims of the Uttarakhand calamity, she was enacting drama on the streets collecting donations.
"She was enacting drama on the streets by collecting donations. She never tried to go to Uttarakhand for a single day," he said.
The BJP leader was getting increasingly frustrated at progressive plans and schemes unveiled by his government, the Chief Minister said.
He described Raje`s Suraj yatra as Kuraj (bad rule) yatra.
"She is not undertaking Suraj but Kuraj (bad rule) yatra to mislead people," Gehlot said while addressing public meetings as part of his Sandesh Yatra.
Later talking to reporters, Gehlot said around 494 people from the state, who got stranded in various parts of the rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, were reportedly missing.
The government was trying its best to trace them, the Chief Minister said.
On alleged land scam in Bikaner, Gehlot said it was nothing but a media hype.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...