Gehlot takes jibe at Raje
Bikaner: Taking a dig at Rajasthan BJP chief Vasundhara Raje, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said when his government was providing all help to victims of the Uttarakhand calamity, she was enacting drama on the streets collecting donations.
"She was enacting drama on the streets by collecting donations. She never tried to go to Uttarakhand for a single day," he said.
The BJP leader was getting increasingly frustrated at progressive plans and schemes unveiled by his government, the Chief Minister said.
He described Raje`s Suraj yatra as Kuraj (bad rule) yatra.
"She is not undertaking Suraj but Kuraj (bad rule) yatra to mislead people," Gehlot said while addressing public meetings as part of his Sandesh Yatra.
Later talking to reporters, Gehlot said around 494 people from the state, who got stranded in various parts of the rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, were reportedly missing.
The government was trying its best to trace them, the Chief Minister said.
On alleged land scam in Bikaner, Gehlot said it was nothing but a media hype.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre