Gehlot targets Raje, says she’s misleading people
Bagru: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday urged people not to get swayed by BJP`s "false commitments" and accused the Opposition of misleading people ahead of the Assembly polls.
Lashing out at BJP state president Vasundhara Raje, Gehlot while addressing at a public rally here near Jaipur said, "She managed to get power (in 2003) by making false promises to all sections."
"Farmers demanding water were killed in police firing. It was shameful, but she did not establish dialogue to resolve the issue or that of the reservation for Gujjars, and now she is promising good governance," Gehlot said sarcastically.
The chief minister said his government has launched and successfully implemented various welfare schemes for all sections of the society during the past four and a half years, which has disturbed Raje so much, that she is now misleading people in her Suraj Sankalp Yatra.
At the same rally, AICC general secretary Mukul Wasnik said, BJP had deliberately stalled the Parliament so that the Food Security Bill could not be passed.
The UPA government will make efforts to get the bill passed in near future, he said.
Challenging Raje to prove her allegation of starvation deaths, which she levelled against the state government some time back, state PCC president Chandrabhan said in the rally that Raje had spent most of her time abroad during the past four years, and is now misleading the people.
"If any starvation deaths took place in Rajasthan, why did she not raise the issue in Assembly or why did she not go to the place where the alleged deaths happened? These are baseless allegations and she should seek apology from the people and the government, he said.
Gehlot also addressed another rally in Dudu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand