Gehlot targets Raje, says she’s misleading people
Bagru: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday urged people not to get swayed by BJP`s "false commitments" and accused the Opposition of misleading people ahead of the Assembly polls.
Lashing out at BJP state president Vasundhara Raje, Gehlot while addressing at a public rally here near Jaipur said, "She managed to get power (in 2003) by making false promises to all sections."
"Farmers demanding water were killed in police firing. It was shameful, but she did not establish dialogue to resolve the issue or that of the reservation for Gujjars, and now she is promising good governance," Gehlot said sarcastically.
The chief minister said his government has launched and successfully implemented various welfare schemes for all sections of the society during the past four and a half years, which has disturbed Raje so much, that she is now misleading people in her Suraj Sankalp Yatra.
At the same rally, AICC general secretary Mukul Wasnik said, BJP had deliberately stalled the Parliament so that the Food Security Bill could not be passed.
The UPA government will make efforts to get the bill passed in near future, he said.
Challenging Raje to prove her allegation of starvation deaths, which she levelled against the state government some time back, state PCC president Chandrabhan said in the rally that Raje had spent most of her time abroad during the past four years, and is now misleading the people.
"If any starvation deaths took place in Rajasthan, why did she not raise the issue in Assembly or why did she not go to the place where the alleged deaths happened? These are baseless allegations and she should seek apology from the people and the government, he said.
Gehlot also addressed another rally in Dudu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured