Gehlot urges people to conserve water
Jaipur: On the eve of World Water Day, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today appealed to the people of the state to actively participate in water conservation.
The state is facing water crisis as only 31 out of 249 water blocks in the desert state are in safe zone. Hence, there is an urgent need to increase ground water level, he said in a message.
Gehlot also said that people should utilise every single drop of water keeping its value in mind.
"The state government is committed to check misuse of water and promote water conservation.
Continuous efforts are being made to promote drip irrigation and proper conservation of rain water," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'