Gehlot urges people to conserve water
Jaipur: On the eve of World Water Day, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today appealed to the people of the state to actively participate in water conservation.
The state is facing water crisis as only 31 out of 249 water blocks in the desert state are in safe zone. Hence, there is an urgent need to increase ground water level, he said in a message.
Gehlot also said that people should utilise every single drop of water keeping its value in mind.
"The state government is committed to check misuse of water and promote water conservation.
Continuous efforts are being made to promote drip irrigation and proper conservation of rain water," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic