Gehlot urges people to conserve water
Jaipur: On the eve of World Water Day, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today appealed to the people of the state to actively participate in water conservation.
The state is facing water crisis as only 31 out of 249 water blocks in the desert state are in safe zone. Hence, there is an urgent need to increase ground water level, he said in a message.
Gehlot also said that people should utilise every single drop of water keeping its value in mind.
"The state government is committed to check misuse of water and promote water conservation.
Continuous efforts are being made to promote drip irrigation and proper conservation of rain water," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report