Gehlot urges people to conserve water
Jaipur: On the eve of World Water Day, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today appealed to the people of the state to actively participate in water conservation.
The state is facing water crisis as only 31 out of 249 water blocks in the desert state are in safe zone. Hence, there is an urgent need to increase ground water level, he said in a message.
Gehlot also said that people should utilise every single drop of water keeping its value in mind.
"The state government is committed to check misuse of water and promote water conservation.
Continuous efforts are being made to promote drip irrigation and proper conservation of rain water," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie