Gehlot urges people to conserve water
Jaipur: On the eve of World Water Day, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today appealed to the people of the state to actively participate in water conservation.
The state is facing water crisis as only 31 out of 249 water blocks in the desert state are in safe zone. Hence, there is an urgent need to increase ground water level, he said in a message.
Gehlot also said that people should utilise every single drop of water keeping its value in mind.
"The state government is committed to check misuse of water and promote water conservation.
Continuous efforts are being made to promote drip irrigation and proper conservation of rain water," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened