Gehlot visits violence-hit Gopalgarh
Bharatpur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot on Saturday urged the riot-affected people of Gopalgarh area
here to restore harmony and not pay attention to provocative
statements given by some "irresponsible public
Gehlot was on a visit to the area which witnessed
communal clashes on September 14 following dispute on a public
land. Nine people were killed and several injured in the
The Chief Minister said there were some "irresponsible
public representatives" who had tried to worsen situation and
due to which burial of four dead bodies could not take place,
Gehlot held meetings with the members of both the
communities and urged them to restore communal harmony.
DGP Harish Meena, IG Sunil Dutt, SP Vikas Kumar,
Collector Gaurav Goyal accompanied him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet