Gehlot’s chopper makes emergency landing; CM safe
Jaipur: A helicopter, carrying Rajasthan
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, on Sunday made an emergency landing
in Churu district after it developed some technical problem
but all five persons, including two pilots, on board were
The chopper developed technical problem in its blade
forcing the pilot to make an emergency landing in Chandkoti
village, 250-km from here, pilot U K Sharma said.
Gehlot, his OSD Gaurav Bajaj, security officer Ramnivas
and Sharma along with another pilot Rakesh Sharma were all
safe, SP (Churu) S N Khinchi said.
The twin-engined Italian-made Agusta 190-E helicopter
was flying to Nangalbadi village, 60-km from Chandkoti, where
Gehlot was slated to attend two functions when the trouble
The Chief Minister later proceeded for the programmes
by road, the SP said.
Pilot Sharma told agency he had to make an emergency
landing due to vertical vibrations in the air caused by the
blade which was out of track.
To continue flying was quite unsafe, he said.
A technical team would be visiting the scene to examine
the chopper which was purchased during Vasundhara Raje`s
regime, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?