Gehlot’s chopper makes emergency landing; CM safe
Jaipur: A helicopter, carrying Rajasthan
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, on Sunday made an emergency landing
in Churu district after it developed some technical problem
but all five persons, including two pilots, on board were
The chopper developed technical problem in its blade
forcing the pilot to make an emergency landing in Chandkoti
village, 250-km from here, pilot U K Sharma said.
Gehlot, his OSD Gaurav Bajaj, security officer Ramnivas
and Sharma along with another pilot Rakesh Sharma were all
safe, SP (Churu) S N Khinchi said.
The twin-engined Italian-made Agusta 190-E helicopter
was flying to Nangalbadi village, 60-km from Chandkoti, where
Gehlot was slated to attend two functions when the trouble
The Chief Minister later proceeded for the programmes
by road, the SP said.
Pilot Sharma told agency he had to make an emergency
landing due to vertical vibrations in the air caused by the
blade which was out of track.
To continue flying was quite unsafe, he said.
A technical team would be visiting the scene to examine
the chopper which was purchased during Vasundhara Raje`s
regime, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video