Girl accuses policemen of harassment; attempts suicide in Jaipur
Jaipur: A girl tried to commit suicide by
jumping before a moving train following alleged attempt of
sexual harassment by an inspector and head-constable in Pratap
Nagar police station here.
However, the girl survived with injuries in legs.
The matter came to light when GRP recovered a suicide
note in her possession in which she alleged that SHO Pratap
Nagar Ramnivas Vishnoi and Head Constable Lal Chand Meena
tried to harass her sexually, in the name of interrogation in
connection with a case on Sunday.
The girl, preparing for competitive exams in Tonk
Phatak area in the city tried to kill herself near Gandhi
Nagar railway station here yesterday.
When the alleged involvement of policemen in harassing
the girl came to light, the SHO was removed from his post and
posted in DCP office last night, while the Head Constable was
detained for interrogation by the GRP.
"GRP has detained the head constable and we are ready
for all support. She alleged that the policemen tried to
harass her sexually in the police station, but the fact is
that her father, her relatives, and two more persons were also
present in the police station when she was being
interrogated," DCP-Jaipur East Hawa Singh Ghumaria, said.
She was called at the police station for primary
interrogation after one of her friends went missing on January
According to the call details of the missing girl
Hina, she had made last call to her (the victim) following
which the police called her for interrogation in the police
GPR sources said that the matter was being
investigated to ascertain the truth.
The girl is undergoing treatment at Sawai Man Singh
hospital and her statements will be recorded today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- SUV chases Gujarat Oppn leader Shankersinh Vaghela's vehicle, nearly hits it
- Srinagar records season's hottest day, heat wave on in Jammu
- Attack on union ministers is 'panic reaction' of BJD: Manohar Parrikar
- Arvind Kejriwal pushing Delhi into constitutional crisis: Delhi BJP
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA