Girl shot at in Bharatpur
Jaipur: A nursing student, who was returning home from college in a bus, was shot at by a jilted lover in Bharatpur district, police said.
The girl, aged around 22 years, is admitted to a government hospital in Bharatpur, Additional SP Bharatpur Rajesh Yadav said.
The girl was returning home in Kaman town from Hinduan in the government bus when the incident occurred.
"When the bus was passing from a congested area of the city, the accused identified as Pawan got inside the bus and opened fire at the girl. The bullet hit her leg," the officer said, adding, the incident created panic in the area.
However, the accused managed to flee from the spot.
"Primary investigation reveals that the boy was pressurising her to have a relationship with him but she was ignoring him," he said, adding, that the accused was being searched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'