Girls` hostel warden arrested for seeking sexual favours
Jaipur: The warden of an educational institute for visually challenged children was arrested Sunday for seeking sexual favours from the 15-year-old daughter of a sanitation worker here, police said.
An investigation is now on to confirm whether visually challenged girl inmates of the institute`s hostel were also harassed by the named warden.
Police said that the 35-year-old accused, Prashant Kumar, was the warden of Rajasthan Netraheen Kalyan Sansthan run by an NGO.
"The girl, whom Kumar approached for sexual favours, used to go to the institute with her mother, who works as a sanitation worker," police said.
Kumar asked another visually-challenged girl inmate to ask the girl if she would like to have physical relationship with him.
"The incident occurred a few days ago. However, institute authorities lodged a complaint against Kumar yesterday (Saturday) evening. We arrested him today (Sunday)," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi