Gopalgarh violence: CAT stays suspension of babu
Jaipur: The Central Administrative Tribunal on Wednesday stayed the Rajasthan government`s order suspending IAS officer Krishna Kunal for allegedly failing to control last year`s clash between Gujjars and Meos in Gopalgarh town of Bharatpur district, which claimed 10 lives.
Kunal was Bharatpur district collector when he was suspended in the wake of the Gopalgarh violence, amid allegations that the administration had sided with the Gujjars.
The CAT`s order came on a plea by Kunal, a 2003-batch officer, challenging his suspension.
It was observed by the division bench of the tribunal that no inquiry was contemplated against Kunal, hence the suspension was inappropriate.
Ten people of the Meo community were killed in the September 14 clash in Gopalgarh town over a public land-related dispute.
The Meos had alleged that the police and district administration took the Gujjars` side and ordered firing at them.
Kunal, along with the then SP, Hinglaj Dan, was suspended on September 28, 2011, for failing to control the situation in time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof