Gopalgarh violence: CAT stays suspension of babu
Jaipur: The Central Administrative Tribunal on Wednesday stayed the Rajasthan government`s order suspending IAS officer Krishna Kunal for allegedly failing to control last year`s clash between Gujjars and Meos in Gopalgarh town of Bharatpur district, which claimed 10 lives.
Kunal was Bharatpur district collector when he was suspended in the wake of the Gopalgarh violence, amid allegations that the administration had sided with the Gujjars.
The CAT`s order came on a plea by Kunal, a 2003-batch officer, challenging his suspension.
It was observed by the division bench of the tribunal that no inquiry was contemplated against Kunal, hence the suspension was inappropriate.
Ten people of the Meo community were killed in the September 14 clash in Gopalgarh town over a public land-related dispute.
The Meos had alleged that the police and district administration took the Gujjars` side and ordered firing at them.
Kunal, along with the then SP, Hinglaj Dan, was suspended on September 28, 2011, for failing to control the situation in time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?