Gopalgarh violence: CBI questions BJP MLA
New Delhi: CBI on Monday started recording the statement of BJP MLA from Rajasthan Anita Singh in connection with the Gopalgarh violence where 10 Meo Muslims were killed in September last year.
Agency sources said Singh, assembly member from Nagar, Bharatpur, who arrived at the CBI headquarters here this morning was questioned by the officials in connection with the riots between Meo Muslims and Gurjars which took place on September 14, 2011 in Gopalgarh, agency sources said.
The agency may also record the statement of Congress MLA Zahida Khan in connection with the case, they said.
The members of Meo and the Gurjar communities clashed over the ownership of a village land in Gopalgarh, Bharatpur on September 14, 2011.
Following the CBI charge sheet filed in March, the special CBI court in Jaipur directed it to also probe the role of influential people in the region including the MLAs.
The court directed the CBI to investigate the alleged role of MLAs Zahida Khan (from Kama) and Anita Singh (from Nagar, Bharatpur), along with two other leaders of a particular community and submit a report after the counsel for both the communities pointed fingers at them during arguments today.
It was alleged that key witnesses had made statements attributing specific role to these legislators, but the CBI had not carried out investigation against them.
Taking note of the statements made by accused, the special court directed the CBI to investigate role of the two MLAs and the two other persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH