Gopalgarh violence: CBI questions BJP MLA
New Delhi: CBI on Monday started recording the statement of BJP MLA from Rajasthan Anita Singh in connection with the Gopalgarh violence where 10 Meo Muslims were killed in September last year.
Agency sources said Singh, assembly member from Nagar, Bharatpur, who arrived at the CBI headquarters here this morning was questioned by the officials in connection with the riots between Meo Muslims and Gurjars which took place on September 14, 2011 in Gopalgarh, agency sources said.
The agency may also record the statement of Congress MLA Zahida Khan in connection with the case, they said.
The members of Meo and the Gurjar communities clashed over the ownership of a village land in Gopalgarh, Bharatpur on September 14, 2011.
Following the CBI charge sheet filed in March, the special CBI court in Jaipur directed it to also probe the role of influential people in the region including the MLAs.
The court directed the CBI to investigate the alleged role of MLAs Zahida Khan (from Kama) and Anita Singh (from Nagar, Bharatpur), along with two other leaders of a particular community and submit a report after the counsel for both the communities pointed fingers at them during arguments today.
It was alleged that key witnesses had made statements attributing specific role to these legislators, but the CBI had not carried out investigation against them.
Taking note of the statements made by accused, the special court directed the CBI to investigate role of the two MLAs and the two other persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India