Government clerk strangled to death in Jaipur
Jaipur: A government clerk has been allegedly strangled to death at his residence in Gandhi Nagar area of the district.
Deepak Soni (28), a Lower Division Clerk posted at state secretariat here, was found murdered yesterday, police said.
"Prima facie, it appears that Soni was strangled to death yesterday," SHO of Gandhi Nagar area Rajesh Malik said.
Soni was last seen in his flat on Thursday night with two unidentified persons, he said.
"Soni was staying alone in the flat and was scheduled to visit his native village yesterday.
"When he did not reach, the family members called on his mobile phone and finding it switched off they asked a relative in Jaipur to go to his flat," he said.
The relative found Soni dead in the house, the SHO said.
The Body has been sent to SMS government hospital for postmortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply