Government clerk strangled to death in Jaipur
Jaipur: A government clerk has been allegedly strangled to death at his residence in Gandhi Nagar area of the district.
Deepak Soni (28), a Lower Division Clerk posted at state secretariat here, was found murdered yesterday, police said.
"Prima facie, it appears that Soni was strangled to death yesterday," SHO of Gandhi Nagar area Rajesh Malik said.
Soni was last seen in his flat on Thursday night with two unidentified persons, he said.
"Soni was staying alone in the flat and was scheduled to visit his native village yesterday.
"When he did not reach, the family members called on his mobile phone and finding it switched off they asked a relative in Jaipur to go to his flat," he said.
The relative found Soni dead in the house, the SHO said.
The Body has been sent to SMS government hospital for postmortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!