Government official arrested for taking bribe
Jaipur: The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) today arrested an official of Rajasthan Cooperative Department for accepting bribe of Rs 20,000.
"Junior accountant Rajkumar Modi, posted in the office of Deputy Secretary (Cooperatives) here, was arrested while taking bribe of Rs 20,000 as first instalment of the total Rs 40,000 from an official of Kota Cooperative Land Development Bank near Birla temple," an ACB official said.
Modi had demanded the money for issuing recommendation to implement revised pay-band of the bank`s employees, the official said. PTI
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi