Government official arrested for taking bribe
Jaipur: The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) today arrested an official of Rajasthan Cooperative Department for accepting bribe of Rs 20,000.
"Junior accountant Rajkumar Modi, posted in the office of Deputy Secretary (Cooperatives) here, was arrested while taking bribe of Rs 20,000 as first instalment of the total Rs 40,000 from an official of Kota Cooperative Land Development Bank near Birla temple," an ACB official said.
Modi had demanded the money for issuing recommendation to implement revised pay-band of the bank`s employees, the official said. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series