Government official arrested for taking bribe
Jaipur: The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) today arrested an official of Rajasthan Cooperative Department for accepting bribe of Rs 20,000.
"Junior accountant Rajkumar Modi, posted in the office of Deputy Secretary (Cooperatives) here, was arrested while taking bribe of Rs 20,000 as first instalment of the total Rs 40,000 from an official of Kota Cooperative Land Development Bank near Birla temple," an ACB official said.
Modi had demanded the money for issuing recommendation to implement revised pay-band of the bank`s employees, the official said. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH