Govt employees, cops aspire to get party tickets for Raj polls
Bundi: Among those aspiring to contest the upcoming assembly elections in Rajasthan are government and police officials who are leaving no stone unturned to get party tickets for the reserved constituency of Keshoraipatan.
Several of these officials belonging to the scheduled caste communities have been toiling hard for over a year to campaign for BJP, Congress and other political parties in order to obtain a ticket for the assembly seat.
Eyebrows were raised when assistant superintendent of police Nand Lal Pawan attended a Congress meeting on Sunday and expressed his desire to `serve public through politics`.
Following the incident, Inspector General of Police, Kota, Amrit Kalash has sought an explanation in this regard.
"What is wrong if I want to serve the public through politics?" asked Pawan.
"If I am given an opportunity to serve public as a politician, I am ready for it," the ASP said, adding that he would resign from his post if given a ticket.
Pawan also said he is ready to contest not only from Keshoraipatan seat but "from anywhere in Rajasthan".
Among other government officials aspiring to get a ticket is Associate Professor at Medical College (Kota) Chandrashaker Sushil who has been campaigning for Congress in the constituency.
Sushil is very confident of obtaining ticket from Congress as he says "I am gaining remarkable public support in Keshoraipatan area".
In the last assembly elections, the sitting MLA from this seat C L Premi had resigned from the post of branch manager of State Bank Of Bikaner and Jaipur (Bundi) and contested the election defeating his nearest rival from BJP Gopal Pacherwal with a margin of over 3400 votes.
With not much support from public for politicians in the assembly seat, police and government officials might have an upper hand in the polls which are set to take place later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai