Govt employees, cops aspire to get party tickets for Raj polls
Bundi: Among those aspiring to contest the upcoming assembly elections in Rajasthan are government and police officials who are leaving no stone unturned to get party tickets for the reserved constituency of Keshoraipatan.
Several of these officials belonging to the scheduled caste communities have been toiling hard for over a year to campaign for BJP, Congress and other political parties in order to obtain a ticket for the assembly seat.
Eyebrows were raised when assistant superintendent of police Nand Lal Pawan attended a Congress meeting on Sunday and expressed his desire to `serve public through politics`.
Following the incident, Inspector General of Police, Kota, Amrit Kalash has sought an explanation in this regard.
"What is wrong if I want to serve the public through politics?" asked Pawan.
"If I am given an opportunity to serve public as a politician, I am ready for it," the ASP said, adding that he would resign from his post if given a ticket.
Pawan also said he is ready to contest not only from Keshoraipatan seat but "from anywhere in Rajasthan".
Among other government officials aspiring to get a ticket is Associate Professor at Medical College (Kota) Chandrashaker Sushil who has been campaigning for Congress in the constituency.
Sushil is very confident of obtaining ticket from Congress as he says "I am gaining remarkable public support in Keshoraipatan area".
In the last assembly elections, the sitting MLA from this seat C L Premi had resigned from the post of branch manager of State Bank Of Bikaner and Jaipur (Bundi) and contested the election defeating his nearest rival from BJP Gopal Pacherwal with a margin of over 3400 votes.
With not much support from public for politicians in the assembly seat, police and government officials might have an upper hand in the polls which are set to take place later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video