Govt official arrested for demanding bribe
Kota: An official of horticulture department was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau for demanding a bribe of Rs 28000 and will be produced in the court today, police said.
The accused, Ramesh Chandra Shringi, was nabbed by the ACB officials yesterday on a complaint of Arif Khan who said the horticulture official demanded Rs 28,000 bribe from him to clear his pending work-dues worth Rs seven lakh, they said.
Arif, who worked on contract with horticulture department to fix sprinkler irrigation systems in farms, had on March 31 paid Rs 16,000 to Shringi following which he was asked for Rs 12,000 more, ASP special unit ACB Gopal Singh Kanawat said.
Arif then lodged a complaint in the matter with ACB and after verifying it, a trap was laid by ACB and the accused was nabbed yesterday, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged