Govt official arrested for demanding bribe
Kota: An official of horticulture department was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau for demanding a bribe of Rs 28000 and will be produced in the court today, police said.
The accused, Ramesh Chandra Shringi, was nabbed by the ACB officials yesterday on a complaint of Arif Khan who said the horticulture official demanded Rs 28,000 bribe from him to clear his pending work-dues worth Rs seven lakh, they said.
Arif, who worked on contract with horticulture department to fix sprinkler irrigation systems in farms, had on March 31 paid Rs 16,000 to Shringi following which he was asked for Rs 12,000 more, ASP special unit ACB Gopal Singh Kanawat said.
Arif then lodged a complaint in the matter with ACB and after verifying it, a trap was laid by ACB and the accused was nabbed yesterday, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says