Govt official arrested for demanding bribe
Kota: An official of horticulture department was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau for demanding a bribe of Rs 28000 and will be produced in the court today, police said.
The accused, Ramesh Chandra Shringi, was nabbed by the ACB officials yesterday on a complaint of Arif Khan who said the horticulture official demanded Rs 28,000 bribe from him to clear his pending work-dues worth Rs seven lakh, they said.
Arif, who worked on contract with horticulture department to fix sprinkler irrigation systems in farms, had on March 31 paid Rs 16,000 to Shringi following which he was asked for Rs 12,000 more, ASP special unit ACB Gopal Singh Kanawat said.
Arif then lodged a complaint in the matter with ACB and after verifying it, a trap was laid by ACB and the accused was nabbed yesterday, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users