Govt official arrested for demanding bribe
Kota: An official of horticulture department was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau for demanding a bribe of Rs 28000 and will be produced in the court today, police said.
The accused, Ramesh Chandra Shringi, was nabbed by the ACB officials yesterday on a complaint of Arif Khan who said the horticulture official demanded Rs 28,000 bribe from him to clear his pending work-dues worth Rs seven lakh, they said.
Arif, who worked on contract with horticulture department to fix sprinkler irrigation systems in farms, had on March 31 paid Rs 16,000 to Shringi following which he was asked for Rs 12,000 more, ASP special unit ACB Gopal Singh Kanawat said.
Arif then lodged a complaint in the matter with ACB and after verifying it, a trap was laid by ACB and the accused was nabbed yesterday, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final