Govt official arrested for demanding bribe
Kota: An official of horticulture department was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau for demanding a bribe of Rs 28000 and will be produced in the court today, police said.
The accused, Ramesh Chandra Shringi, was nabbed by the ACB officials yesterday on a complaint of Arif Khan who said the horticulture official demanded Rs 28,000 bribe from him to clear his pending work-dues worth Rs seven lakh, they said.
Arif, who worked on contract with horticulture department to fix sprinkler irrigation systems in farms, had on March 31 paid Rs 16,000 to Shringi following which he was asked for Rs 12,000 more, ASP special unit ACB Gopal Singh Kanawat said.
Arif then lodged a complaint in the matter with ACB and after verifying it, a trap was laid by ACB and the accused was nabbed yesterday, he added.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm