Govt to probe encroachments in Sambhar salt lake: Rajasthan CM
Jaipur: Under pressure from Opposition BJP and two ruling Congress MLAs over encroachments in Sambhar Salt lakes in Rajasthan, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday said a high level probe committee will be set up in the matter.
Replying to questions in the state assembly, Chief
Minister Ashok Gehlot said it was a serious issue and he would
get it investigated at the highest level.
Earlier, Industry Minister Rajendra Pareek said there
were 47 cases of illegal possession of salt lake sites and
these were pending in a local court in Nawa.
Of these, 36 cases were facing stay by the court, he
said, adding the state government was taking legal action
against those indulged in the illegal act.
30 square km area was being used to produce salt out of
the about 90 square km area operated by the Sambhar Salt
Limited in a joint agreement with the state government, Pareek
On another query, state Forest Minister Ramlal Jat said
under the "maru prasar yojna" (containing desertification) in
Barmer, a sum of Rs 18.76 crore was yet to be received from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users