Govt to register criminal case against open borewell owners
Jaipur: In a bid to contain frequent
incidents of children falling into open borewells, the
Rajasthan government has decided to register criminal cases
against owners who leave their borewells unattended.
The defaulters would be booked under various provisions
of IPC for negligence posing a danger to human life which
could be punishable with a jail term or a fine.
Ranka also directed the officials to conduct a massive
survey to detect such open holes and lodge an FIR against the
Last month the state authorities had a tough time and
took over two weeks to dig out soil in Shahpura sub-urban town
to pull out a boy Sahil who fell into the borewell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list