Guilty will face action: Congress on Bhanwari case
New Delhi: With two of its MLAs in Rajasthan
being quizzed in Bhanwari Devi disappearance case, Congress
on Friday said that it was a sensitive issue and made it clear
that action cannot be ruled out if any guilt is established.
"This is a sensitive case and it is under investigation
and it is not our habit to second guess about the ongoing
investigations. It has never been our endeavour to impinge on
the process of probe....allow the investigation to play itself
out," party spokesperson Manish Tewari told reporters here.
A senior leader speaking on the condition of anonymity,
however, said that if somebody is involved, law will take its
course and sequent actions will also follow.
Asked whether the case can also take a toll on Rajasthan
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, the leader replied in the
"Ultimately the Chief Minister is not responsible if
somebody wants to have a relationship with a woman" was his
Gehlot had met Congress President twice within a week and
party sources have been maintaining that the Chief Minister is
safe as there is nothing against him so far in this case or in
other incidents like the Bharatpur communal riots over a month
Tewari refused to entertain any other question on the
issue saying they should be directed to the AICC general
secretary in-charge of the state.
The CBI has today filed a status report in the Rajasthan
High Court in this case and has quizzed sacked Rajasthan
minister Mahipal Maderna and another Congress MLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'
- Arvind Kejriwal says Modi declaring emergency in Delhi after AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya's arrest in assault case
- Why was Pulkit Samrat miffed with paparazzi? – Know here
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances