Gujjar agitation enters seventh day
Jaipur: Agitating Gujjars made fresh attempts to block more rail routes in Rajasthan as their statewide stir entered the seventh day on Sunday, though security forces managed to control the situation, official sources said.
"A mob of Gujjar agitators tried to block the narrow gauge rail lines in Bari area but the security forces pushed them back and controlled the situation and resumed the
movement of trains," CO, Bari, Manvendra Singh told a news agency.
"They also tried to block Basedi road but again could not do so due to the Rapid Action Force," he said.
There is no movement of trains on Jaipur-Delhi, Delhi-Mumbai, Jaipur-Kota and Ajmer-Indore tracks in Dausa, Bharatpur, Bhilwara and Tonk districts respectively as the
Gujjars continue to camp on the four rail routes.
Gujjar leader Roop Singh said on behalf of Kirori Singh Bainsla, who has spearheaded the stir at Pilukapura near Bayana in Bharatpur district, that they have given a bandh
call in Alwar today.
A group called Gujjar Agitation Committee announced that they will enforce Ajmer bandh tomorrow to mount pressure on the government to meet their demands.
Meanwhile, state energy minister Jitendra Singh reached Bayana as an emissary.
"We were informed on the phone that Energy Minister Jitendra Singh is coming to Bayana to hold talks with us as a government emissary. He will tell us what the government is doing for us and then we will decide our future course of
action," said Roop Singh.
The protesters are demanding five percent quota in jobs and educational institutions in the state.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- It's OUT! Anushka Sharma's 'dhobi pachaad' first look from 'Sultan'!
- Sanders outlines his list of Democratic Party reforms
- Revealed! How low testosterone raises diabetes risk
- Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan, Arjun Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, Shahid Kapoor, Karan Singh Grover – Kisme Kitni ‘ab’ hai
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against Naveen Jindal