Gujjar agitation enters seventh day
Jaipur: Agitating Gujjars made fresh attempts to block more rail routes in Rajasthan as their statewide stir entered the seventh day on Sunday, though security forces managed to control the situation, official sources said.
"A mob of Gujjar agitators tried to block the narrow gauge rail lines in Bari area but the security forces pushed them back and controlled the situation and resumed the
movement of trains," CO, Bari, Manvendra Singh told a news agency.
"They also tried to block Basedi road but again could not do so due to the Rapid Action Force," he said.
There is no movement of trains on Jaipur-Delhi, Delhi-Mumbai, Jaipur-Kota and Ajmer-Indore tracks in Dausa, Bharatpur, Bhilwara and Tonk districts respectively as the
Gujjars continue to camp on the four rail routes.
Gujjar leader Roop Singh said on behalf of Kirori Singh Bainsla, who has spearheaded the stir at Pilukapura near Bayana in Bharatpur district, that they have given a bandh
call in Alwar today.
A group called Gujjar Agitation Committee announced that they will enforce Ajmer bandh tomorrow to mount pressure on the government to meet their demands.
Meanwhile, state energy minister Jitendra Singh reached Bayana as an emissary.
"We were informed on the phone that Energy Minister Jitendra Singh is coming to Bayana to hold talks with us as a government emissary. He will tell us what the government is doing for us and then we will decide our future course of
action," said Roop Singh.
The protesters are demanding five percent quota in jobs and educational institutions in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic