Gujjar stir plotted in Gadkari wedding: CM Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has alleged that the conspiracy to revive the Gujjar agitation for reservations in the state was hatched during the marriage of BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s son in Nagpur recently.
"We have information that few of the people who attended the marriage of Nitin Gadkari`s son had made the plan for the agitation," Gehlot alleged.
This even as Gehlot made a fresh appeal to the Gujjars to call off their agitation and said the community should understand the government`s limitations on the issue as the matter is sub-judice.
"What is in our hands will be done for sure, but since the matter is sub-judice, there are some limitations too and they (Gujjars) must understand it," Gehlot told reporters.
Gehlot further said that the recruitment drive in the state will continue and would not be put on hold under any pressure.
"Recruitment will not be stopped. We are going to recruit around 8,000 police constables and teachers for which lakhs of candidates have applied," he said.
Meanwhile, the stand-off between the Gujjars and the state government entered ninth day on Tuesday, causing immense hardship to people and resulting in huge losses to trade and industry.
"The situation remains the same and a core committee`s meeting is underway here at Pilukapura to discuss further course of action," said Dr Roop Singh, an aide of Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla.
Gujjars have blocked the National Highway 11 in Dausa, and several other interior routes in Karauli, Sawaimadhopur, Bharatpur, Dholpur, Alwar districts.
They have also squatted on railway tracks in Bharatpur, Dausa, Tonk and Sawaimadhopur.
The NWR railways has so far refunded over Rs 1.5 crore following cancellation of around 45,000 tickets in the wake of the Gujjar agitation.
However, there is no report of any violence from anywhere in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof