Gujjar stir: WR sets up helpline for info on trains
Mumbai: Due to the ongoing Gujjar
agitation which has badly affected rail traffic, the Western
Railway (WR) has introduced a helpline number to assist
passengers regarding information on long distance trains.
"Western Railway has started a temporary helpline
number, 10721, to provide information regarding long-distance
trains," WR Chief PRO Sharat Chandrayan said on Tuesday.
Due to the pro-reservation stir at various places in
Rajasthan, several long distance trains have been rescheduled,
diverted, cancelled or partially cancelled.
"All trains from Mumbai towards Delhi and Northern
India are running on the diverted routes and reaching their
destinations late by six-eight hours. All trains for Gujarat
and Madhya Pradesh are unaffected by the agitation and are
running as per schedule," Chandrayan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'