Gujjar stir: WR sets up helpline for info on trains
Mumbai: Due to the ongoing Gujjar
agitation which has badly affected rail traffic, the Western
Railway (WR) has introduced a helpline number to assist
passengers regarding information on long distance trains.
"Western Railway has started a temporary helpline
number, 10721, to provide information regarding long-distance
trains," WR Chief PRO Sharat Chandrayan said on Tuesday.
Due to the pro-reservation stir at various places in
Rajasthan, several long distance trains have been rescheduled,
diverted, cancelled or partially cancelled.
"All trains from Mumbai towards Delhi and Northern
India are running on the diverted routes and reaching their
destinations late by six-eight hours. All trains for Gujarat
and Madhya Pradesh are unaffected by the agitation and are
running as per schedule," Chandrayan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India