Gujjar stir: WR sets up helpline for info on trains
Mumbai: Due to the ongoing Gujjar
agitation which has badly affected rail traffic, the Western
Railway (WR) has introduced a helpline number to assist
passengers regarding information on long distance trains.
"Western Railway has started a temporary helpline
number, 10721, to provide information regarding long-distance
trains," WR Chief PRO Sharat Chandrayan said on Tuesday.
Due to the pro-reservation stir at various places in
Rajasthan, several long distance trains have been rescheduled,
diverted, cancelled or partially cancelled.
"All trains from Mumbai towards Delhi and Northern
India are running on the diverted routes and reaching their
destinations late by six-eight hours. All trains for Gujarat
and Madhya Pradesh are unaffected by the agitation and are
running as per schedule," Chandrayan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security