Gujjars hold mahapanchayat demanding 5% quota
Bharatpur: People belonging to the Gujjar community on Sunday held a `Mahapanchayat` here in support of their demand of five per cent quota for special backward class (SBC), and warned the BJP government that if it failed to initiate action on their demand within 15 days they would intensify the agitation.
At the `Mahapanchayat` held in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district, senior Gujjar leader Colonel (retired) Kirorisingh Bainsla cautioned that if the Raje government failed to take any initiative on their demand of five per cent quota in government jobs in next 15 days, the Gujjar Mahapanchayat will launch a long term agitation in the state.
Bainsla said BJP was now in power both at the Centre and in the state, so it would not be difficult for the party to get the SBC Quota Act included in the Constitution`s Schedule-IX to overcome legal hurdle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!