Gujjars hold mahapanchayat demanding 5% quota
Bharatpur: People belonging to the Gujjar community on Sunday held a `Mahapanchayat` here in support of their demand of five per cent quota for special backward class (SBC), and warned the BJP government that if it failed to initiate action on their demand within 15 days they would intensify the agitation.
At the `Mahapanchayat` held in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district, senior Gujjar leader Colonel (retired) Kirorisingh Bainsla cautioned that if the Raje government failed to take any initiative on their demand of five per cent quota in government jobs in next 15 days, the Gujjar Mahapanchayat will launch a long term agitation in the state.
Bainsla said BJP was now in power both at the Centre and in the state, so it would not be difficult for the party to get the SBC Quota Act included in the Constitution`s Schedule-IX to overcome legal hurdle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur