Gujjar’s new war cry - `Chalo Jaipur`
Jaipur: Gujjar reservation row appears set to hit Rajasthan once again. Community leader Kirori Singh Bainsla, who is sitting on a dharna in Dausa, has threatened to take a march to the state capital Jaipur if the government fails to fulfil their demand for five per cent quota for the community in government jobs by Tuesday.
"We have been sitting peacefully since Sunday and gave the government two days to fulfil our demand. If the demand is not met during this period, then we will move towards statue circle in Jaipur," Bainsla said.
Bainsla is sitting on a dharna along with his supporters to press 11 demands, including withdrawal of cases against all those involve in previous agitations on quota.
Bainsla, who took the step after a Mahapanchayat in Bhandarej town, said, "We have been cheated by the government every time. We want a clear answer -- yes or no -- to our main demand."
"The government promised us in January this year a quantifiable data collection exercise to justify quota for us as directed by the High Court.
"But the process has not been completed so far," he said.
Over 5,000 people participated in the meeting and hundreds were staging the sit-in with Bainsla.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack