Gujjar’s new war cry - `Chalo Jaipur`
Jaipur: Gujjar reservation row appears set to hit Rajasthan once again. Community leader Kirori Singh Bainsla, who is sitting on a dharna in Dausa, has threatened to take a march to the state capital Jaipur if the government fails to fulfil their demand for five per cent quota for the community in government jobs by Tuesday.
"We have been sitting peacefully since Sunday and gave the government two days to fulfil our demand. If the demand is not met during this period, then we will move towards statue circle in Jaipur," Bainsla said.
Bainsla is sitting on a dharna along with his supporters to press 11 demands, including withdrawal of cases against all those involve in previous agitations on quota.
Bainsla, who took the step after a Mahapanchayat in Bhandarej town, said, "We have been cheated by the government every time. We want a clear answer -- yes or no -- to our main demand."
"The government promised us in January this year a quantifiable data collection exercise to justify quota for us as directed by the High Court.
"But the process has not been completed so far," he said.
Over 5,000 people participated in the meeting and hundreds were staging the sit-in with Bainsla.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...