Gujjars occupy rail tracks near Bayana
Jaipur: Gujjars led by Kirori Singh
Bainsla on Monday night occupied rail tracks near Bayana in Bharatpur district to press for their reservation demand, even as the Gehlot government stated that it would try to solve the issue through talks.
"We have occupied rail tracks near Pilukapura area and
will move only after the government fulfils our demands," Col
(Retd) Kirori Singh Bainsla said over phone.
"I have directed my people to begin the agitation
across the state and will call off only after the state
government fulfils our demands of five per cent reservation,
withdrawal of cases against Gujjar agitators and their release
from jail," he said, adding that the agitation would be
Railway authorities have stopped train movements in
the area due to security reasons after considering the
Senior administration and police officials, including
District Collector K Kunal, IG Bharatpur range Madhusudan
Singh, are also camping at Bayana to monitor the situation.
"Elaborate security arrangements have been done to
keep situation under control and we are reviewing the
situation near the site," Kunal said.
Due to security reasons, Nizamuddin-Kota Janshatabdi
Express have been stopped by railway authorities at the
Bharatpur station, GRP Bharatpur in-charge Jagdish said.
Meanwhile, senior government officials held a meeting
here to review the situation.
Earlier in the day, another Gujjar faction led by
Ramvir Singh Bidhudi extended support to Bainsla to make the
Rajasthan Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal tonight said
that the situation was being monitored.
"We are constantly monitoring the situation and will
try to solve the issue by holding talks with Gujjars," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?