Gujjars submit memorandum to Rajasthan Governor

Last Updated: Friday, July 8, 2011 - 15:57

Jaipur: A delegation of Gujjar community members on Friday submitted a memorandum addressed to the Rajasthan Governor seeking directions for the state government to expedite work related to reservation among other issues.



"We have demanded from the governor to direct Gehlot government to speed up their work in order to give Gujjar, Raika/Raibari, Banjara and Gadia Luhar communities including Gujjars five per cent reservation under Special Backward Category (SBC)," Mahendra Singh Khedla, who was part of the five-member delegation, said.
"It seems that the government is not serious for our demands, which is very disappointing," he said, adding that they handed over the representation to an official in absence of the Governor.



Raj Bhawan sources confirmed the reception of the representation.
A second Gujjar delegation led by Kirori Singh Bainsla would be meeting a committee of three state ministers on Saturday to discuss the issue and review the progress of the 13-point agreement made in January this year.



The Gujjar leaders have alleged that the government has delayed process of quantifiable data collection exercise of the five communities which was directed by the Rajasthan High Court on December 22 last year.



Gujjars had relaunched their agitation in 2010 for reservation which continued for 17 days till January 5 this year. They have threatened to revive the stir if the government was found not to be serious to meet their demands.



PTI



First Published: Friday, July 8, 2011 - 15:57

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus