Gujjars submit memorandum to Rajasthan Governor
Jaipur: A delegation of Gujjar community members on Friday submitted a memorandum addressed to the Rajasthan Governor seeking directions for the state government to expedite work related to reservation among other issues.
"We have demanded from the governor to direct Gehlot government to speed up their work in order to give Gujjar, Raika/Raibari, Banjara and Gadia Luhar communities including Gujjars five per cent reservation under Special Backward Category (SBC)," Mahendra Singh Khedla, who was part of the five-member delegation, said.
"It seems that the government is not serious for our demands, which is very disappointing," he said, adding that they handed over the representation to an official in absence of the Governor.
Raj Bhawan sources confirmed the reception of the representation.
A second Gujjar delegation led by Kirori Singh Bainsla would be meeting a committee of three state ministers on Saturday to discuss the issue and review the progress of the 13-point agreement made in January this year.
The Gujjar leaders have alleged that the government has delayed process of quantifiable data collection exercise of the five communities which was directed by the Rajasthan High Court on December 22 last year.
Gujjars had relaunched their agitation in 2010 for reservation which continued for 17 days till January 5 this year. They have threatened to revive the stir if the government was found not to be serious to meet their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir