Gujjars to hold protest outside Raj Assembly
Jaipur: A Gujjar faction here today said it
would hold a protest outside the Rajasthan Assembly on Tuesday
to press for its demand for providing quota to the community.
The Gehlot government made a number of promises to Gujjar
leaders with regard to their demands, including a five per
cent special quota, but nothing concrete has been done, chief
convener of Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Arakshan Sangarsh Samiti
Ramveer Singh Bidhuri told reporters here.
Bidhuri, running a Gujjar faction other than Kirori Singh
Bainsla, was on a `janjagran abhiyan` to mobilse community
people for the protest rally on August 31.
He said Gehlot`s alleged dilly-dallying attitude had
caused strong resentment among the community members and they
would launch an agitation to press for their demands.
Over 70 Gujjars held during various agitations were still
in jails and the state government had done nothing other than
giving false assurances to the community, Bidhuri said.
The state government had announced a Rs 282-cr package
for community development under the Devnarayan Board, but the
budget was cut down to mere Rs 25 cr, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video